Through the Georgia Education Expense Credit Program The Duluth Montessori School is pleased to offer parents several financial assistance options based on contributions made to the Apogee Scholarship Fund. This assistance is available to the families of all current and prospective Duluth Montessori School students that meet the eligibility requirements. Families with more than one child enrolled in the same school year receive a 5% tuition grant for the second child and a 10% tuition grant for the third child.Need-based grants range from small amounts to full tuition, depending on the availability of funds. Grant Criteria: The Duluth Montessori School uses Smart Tuition Aid to facilitate the financial assistance application process. The DMS Financial Assistance Committee will evaluate applications made to Smart Tuition Aid and award tuition grants based on funds available through The Apogee Scholarship Fund. All monies will be allocated based on applications received. Applicants will be rated using a point system based on:
- Need as determined by Smart Tuition Aid, special considerations outlined in the parent’s letter to the FA Committee, siblings (current or past DMS students), years enrolled in DMS and participation in DMS volunteer opportunities.
- First priority is to continue support for families currently receiving assistance.
- Second priority is to provide funds that enable families already enrolled in DMS to stay with the school in the event of changing personal finances.
- Third priority is to consider all other requests.
Parent Instructions for 2014-2015:
- Complete DMS Enrollment for 2014-2015 School Year
- Access application at www.smarttuitionaid.com
- Click “New Parent Registration” and create an account
- When prompted, use the following school ID code for The Duluth Montessori School – 12058
- Submit required supporting documentation
- Deadline for families to submit applications and documentation is February 17, 2014
- Required application processing fee: $35.00
- Optional Parent Report fee: $8.00. This report allows you to review the information that you submitted on your application. Your report can be viewed online once your application has been audited. **This report does not display the amount of assistance you may receive**
- Most recent pay-stubs and W2 statements for all jobs
- Most recently filed federal tax form 1040.1040A, 1040EZ with all schedules
- Most recently filed business tax return, 1041, 1065, 1120, or 1120S (if applicable)
- Any supplemental income documentation. Ex: 1099 forms, social security, welfare, food stamps, unemployment, child support, workers compensation, veteran benefits, rental income, etc.
- A letter prepared and sent to The Financial Assistance Committee, with the specific amount of aid requested and any other information that the parents would like to have considered.
- Mail: Smart Tuition Aid, PO Box 25116, Lehigh Valley, PA 18002
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: (610) 599-8633
- Phone: (800) 360-8027
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Once your application is processed, a tuition aid recommendation will be forwarded to The Duluth Montessori School. All final tuition aid decisions including notification of an award amount (if any) will be made by The Duluth Montessori School after April 15, 2014.
Each year the family must reapply for financial assistance. Awards are based on the relative need of the families that have applied, and on the funds available. While the school will make every effort to maintain financial assistance levels from year to year, conditions may change, so one year’s award is no guarantee of awards in subsequent years.